"I feel blessed to be able to do this work. In my role as a financial steward, I get to meet with individuals and families and learn about their aspirations and values. The relationship we develop allows me to create a comprehensive financial life plan specific to them and what they wish to accomplish. I find it extremely fulfilling to help my clients achieve their goals."
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional, Certified Public Accountant and Personal Financial Specialist, Darren has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry. His fee-only approach gives clients confidence that his services and recommendations are independent and free from conflict. He is also a strong advocate of socially responsible, values-driven investing, and educates people on how they can build an investment strategy in line with their personal values.
Darren is a principal and senior wealth advisor with EKS Associates (as well as its affiliate, Access Wealth). Prior to this, he gained valuable financial and client service experience as the Director of Internal Audit of a multi-national manufacturing firm and as an audit manager at Ernst & Young.
In recognition of his work and the value he provides, Darren has been repeatedly named a FIVE STAR Professional Wealth Manager (2013-2019).
Writing and Speaking Accomplishments
- Published and quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, New York Daily News, Market Watch, CNBC.com, ConsumerReports.org and many other publications
- Featured on News 12 NJ's It's Your Money, First Business News TV's Investing Climate, and Money Radio 1510's Business For Breakfast broadcast
- President of the Board of Directors of Princeton Adult School
- Member of numerous committees at Princeton Adult School
- Recurring educator at Princeton Adult School, teaching a variety of financial planning and investment courses
- Volunteer presenter to community and resource centers (including Princeton Senior Resource Center), non-profit and religious groups, and businesses
- Supporter and sponsor of Cranford Jaycees, as well as other community organizations, fundraisers, and events
Darren is a member of the Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Financial Planning Association, and a number of professional associations. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from King's College, later obtained his CFP® designation from the College for Financial Planning, and completed the Financial Planning Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University. In addition, he earned the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation, which is only granted to CPAs who meet stringent requirements of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).